What is Health Advocate?
Health Advocate offers a comprehensive spectrum of programs that help employees navigate the complex healthcare and insurance systems. The Health Advocate team assists employees and their families with clinical and administrative issues involving their medical, dental, pharmacy and other healthcare needs. For employers, this means reduced healthcare costs and greater savings.
How Health Advocate Works
Participants who call the toll-free Health Advocate number are assigned their own Personal Health Advocate, typically a registered nurse, who is supported by a team of medical directors, benefits and claims specialists. Health Advocate keeps all calls strictly confidential in compliance with HIPAA privacy provisions, freeing plan sponsors of the financial and legal liability.
Health Advocate’s highly personalized assistance addresses a range of challenging and sensitive health issues, ensuring employees receive the quality care and the correct answers they need, when they need it. This one-on-one support frees employees of worry, time lost seeking solutions, and enables them to remain fully productive on the job.
- Increases productivity and reduces claims costs
- Eases burden on Human Resources Staff
- Supports consumer-driven health programs
- Boosts employee satisfaction and retention
- Improves quality of care
- Helps employees better balance work and family health concerns
- Complies with HIPAA privacy and confidentiality requirements
Health Advocate Offers…
Personal Health Advocates help members find the clinical help they need, and will also assist with coordinating their care.
- Find the right doctors and hospitals
- Assist with a complex medical condition
- Locate and research treatments for a medical condition
- Secure second opinions
- Schedule appointments with hard-to-reach specialists
- Identify “best-in-class” medical institutions
Health Advocate helps sort out and resolve claims, paperwork problems, coverage issues, and helps members understand the coding and payment rules that apply to their circumstances.
- Resolve insurance claims
- Save money on healthcare bills
- Navigate within an insurance company
- Assist with correcting billing errors
Personal Health Advocates provide members with the information they need to help them become active participants in the management of their health.
- Prepare members for visits with their physicians and other healthcare providers
- Help members better understand their serious or chronic conditions
- Answer questions and provide information about medical terms, tests, medications and treatments
Information & Research Support
Health Advocate helps locate and make arrangements for members’ special services needs.
- Assist with eldercare issues
- Obtain health information to help members make informed decisions
- Complete qualification applications
- Identify and coordinate/arrange for wellness services
- Research transportation