Dental and Vision Plans
Self-Funded Dental & Vision Plans
A Self-Funded Dental & Vision Plan is a smart solution to the high-cost associated with today’s fully insured dental & vision coverage. Under a fully-insured program, companies typically throw away thousands of dollars in premiums every year for dental & vision benefits that are rarely utilized by their plan members.
Self-Funded Dental & Vision Plans give the employer more control over plan design, several customizable options, and an open access network. Employers also experience reduced overhead compared to managing a fully-insured plan. Plan Design features include:
- Lower premiums
- Ability to set co-pay plan options
- Open provider choice
- Compatibility with Section 125 plans
- Suitable for employers of all sizes
Typically, dental health services used or received per individual plan holder on an annual basis tend to run low. By implementing a plan that’s right for your company, cost savings from a self-funded dental plan will be visible within the first year.
BMA can help you implement a program that can be easily managed, eliminating the need for lengthy claim forms, a pre-approval process, upset employees, and unused benefits.
Plan Design features:
- Set co-pay plan options
- Lower premiums
- Freedom of dentist choice
- Reduced overhead
- Works with FSAs*
How We Can Help with Your Self-Funded Dental Plan
BMA can help you implement a program that can be easily managed; it eliminates the need for lengthy claim forms, a pre-approval process, upset employees and unused benefits.
- Plan Design & Employer Consultation
- On Site Open Enrollment/Education Meetings with Employees – Enrollment meetings at main location included*
- Web Based Online Enrollment through the BMA web application available
- Participant Paper Enrollment Entry by BMA
- Customized Plan Document and Summary Plan Description
- 24/7 Internet/Web Access to Account Information
- Claims Submission via Email, Fax, or USPS mail
- Expert Assistance from our Customer Service Team
- Manual Claims Adjudication Check Issuance Weekly
- Amendments to Plan Document, as needed based on changes to the law
Employers' Top 5 Advantages of Self-funding Dental Benefits:
Dental care is underrated, but studies show that regular dental visits enable early detection of serious medical conditions.
Employers can offer valuable dental benefits without large premium losses. By self-funding dental benefits, employers can achieve cost savings and other benefits that can spur utilization of the plan.
Read our blog about Employers' top 5 advantages of self-funding dental benefits.