Level Funding (Bridge Product)
BMA Offers the ultimate product for employers seeking a simple way to move from a fully insured group health plan to the benefits of a traditional self-funded medical expense benefit plan.
Level funding, also known as “The Bridge Product,” is the ideal solution for employers who would like to transition to a self-funded program. Self-funded medical expense benefit plans provide stability while offering flexibility in developing cost saving benefit plan designs.
This product provides insurance coverage to cover the unexpected catastrophic claims incurred in a self-funded plan. Unlike traditional stop loss programs, Integrated Stop Loss Insurance is designed to give employers the benefits of traditional self-funding, while enjoying the ease, look and feel of a fully insured group health plan.
By introducting the BMA Bridge Product, all business types now have the option to move to a self-funded insurance plan.
- ERISA plan allows flexibility with benefit plan design and no state-mandated benefits
- Employer writes one monthly check (based on plan enrollment)
- No additional claim funding requirements
- One Maximum Retention (spread over 12 payments)
- Designed specifically for employers with 15-200 employees currently covered
- Lower maximum plan cost (as compared to traditional stop loss)
- Underwritten by A and above rated carriers